Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Finger Painting with my Right Brain


"The Universe is your mirror. It is always reflecting your Self. There is nothing else it could reflect. It is continuously revealing what you most need to know for your soul's highest awakening. Your job is simply to discover this and relax deeper into the beautiful, powerful, radiant being that you already are."

- Anonymous



 Early in my ipad finger painting experience, but not long ago, I began to let my nondominant hand play too. Some painting apps make it just as easy to use either hand or both, and after all, it's not like you are holding a pencil or paint brush. (Stylii are silli!) 


So before long, I notice that my left hand, 'Lefty', is taking alphabet lessons in an app designed for toddlers, just to improve its' handwriting. Fun! I feel thrilled and vividly remember being two again!


Pretty soon, Lefty begins to help paint and draw as well. At first it happens the way you might type, hunt and peck style, with whatever hand and finger that's closest pitching in. If I happen to be sitting with ipad in easy ergonomic use of either hand, I may notice Lefty helping draw. This just did not happen in pre ipad days of pencil and paint. Just didn't.


Recently Lefty has been doing drawings of its own, mainly in those once in a whiles when the right hand is occupied. It seems to have not so much its own style (shaky) as its own sort of emotional take on things, a mood or flavor. (Below)



'Haptics' is an area of study which includes the interactions of touch, hand movements, and brain function.

(Some more benefits of using your non dominant hand:)

No comments:

Post a Comment