Friday, December 26, 2014

Ipad Art

"The privilege of a lifetime is to be who you are."

- Joseph Campbell



I'm a lifelong artist who just recently started playing with an iPad, (or any kind of computer.)



What fun! Now I have infinite canvas, paper, and art supplies! The first thing I have noticed about this is that it really loosens me up. I no longer need consider the issue of wasting paper on an idea that may turn out to be a dud. Now, I can pursue any dumb idea that comes to mind!



Soon I realize that the endless sky of possibility is fanning out before me, presenting more choices than I could ever follow up on in a lifetime, or a million lifetimes. The issue, then, indeed the art itself, becomes the art of choosing. What direction to go in the fractal maze that forms itself at each choice point as I go along...



All is finger painting. With a stroke of a finger, I brighten, change the colors, change everything, tap, tap, now I have all of those versions to mix, match, merge. Try 'Art Set' if you want to draw and paint and have it almost feel physical. (Art Set)


I hop from art app to art app on my iPad, mixing drawing and painting freely with photos from my pocket device.



 Some of my ipad art is on my website. It can be seen by as many people as want to, online. Sometimes I print it out, on to canvas or fine paper. (To see:)


Wow, wow, wow! 

     


No comments:

Post a Comment