Thursday, December 11, 2014

Party Nuts

“To be poor and be without trees, is to be the most starved human being in the world. To be poor and have trees, is to be completely rich in ways that money can never buy.” 

― Clarissa Pinkola Estés, The Faithful Gardener: A Wise Tale About That Which Can Never Die

If you are what you eat, then I'm pretty nutty! Nut trees give us a generous bounty of free high quality concentrated plant based fat. I'm a nut nut! Let's plant nut trees!

I love feeding people. Today I am making party nuts. This is a super rawsome treat that is good to have around for non sweet holiday bowl snacks. 

It is also a good food to give as a little holiday treat package, or a good snack to have along on a hike.

The entire recipe is just raw nuts, in this case organic walnut halves, soaked, dehydrated, and coated with tamari and spices, and re dehydrated long enough for the coating to stick on and dry.


The neat thing about soaking (and rinsing) the nuts first,  is that it rinses out the bitter tasting and not so great for you growth inhibiting compounds in the nut. So I can eat more nuts, which I love! 


In good-for-you-ness, I rank as The Best Nuts as follows, in order of best first: macadamia, almond, filbert, and walnut. But I like all kinds of nuts, in smaller amounts. Since I eat a lot of nuts, sometimes I get not so much interested in one kind or another. I always listen to that. It means my body has had enough of that kind of nut, or even nuts in general, so I just pay attention to what food I am attracted to instead. Nuts come back around when I'm ready.


No comments:

Post a Comment