Sunday, February 15, 2015

Decisions, Guidance, and Intention

"Before the throne of God, man will be judged not by his acts, but by his intentions. For God alone reads our hearts."-Mahatma Gandihi



They say good intentions are what the road to hell is paved with. This just is not true. Good intentions are the best starting point for anything we do. Good intentions are the sort of spiritual equipment to always bring along on any sort of project.


I don't have many beliefs I'm aware of, but one is this: I believe I can know what to do next, in the moment, to serve the highest good of all life everywhere forever. And my own highest good, which does not have to ever be opposed to that of the rest. I believe that if I dedicate this decision to the highest good, I am assisted by the same everyone-everywhere-forever, that is, the One.


I can't really prove this is true, so it is a belief. How can I know what's in the highest good of all life everywhere forever anyway? Only the One could know! 


So I must take it on faith that if I dedicate my intention to know what to do toward this purpose, I can somehow know, in this particular right now in play. Perhaps not what I should do in a week, well, unless I'm making an appointment, but that is really just deciding whether to make an appointment. 

I think we naturally harmonize with the flow of the universe. It is easier than being out of harmony, and that help and guidance is as close as our own heart.

"Our intention creates our reality"-Wayne  Dyer

No comments:

Post a Comment