Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Sun

“Ô, Sunlight! The most precious gold to be found on Earth.” 

― Roman Payne


I am a sun worshiper. The sun is in my art. My band is called Sunheart. Where I live, the sunshine is finally strong enough to make vitamin D, and soaking it up feels so good! I love to bask in the radiance of my beloved daystar.


The sun helps us heal and be healthy in so many ways, too many to list. In old lore, sunshine is particularly good for the nerves. But I get a wonderful feeling of well being even seeing that the sun is out, here in the rainforest. 


We are beings of earth and sun, matter and energy, body and spirit. Even as we need to eat food, we also need to take in the sun's light by being outside during the day. (On Sungazing:)


The sun powers most of what we consume, from energy use to food growing, sometimes more indirectly, in the form of fossil fuel. The solar energy that makes it to the surface of the earth in less than one hour, equals the total energy consumption of all the world’s people in a whole year! 


We could power most of the worlds needs directly with solar if we wanted to. We just have to want to. We are so smart.


This is a painting about the Sun's love for the Earth:


No comments:

Post a Comment