Sunday, May 10, 2015

Nature Weaving




“A weaver who has to direct and to interweave a great many little threads has no time to philosophize about it, rather, he is so absorbed in his work that he doesn’t think, he acts: and it’s nothing he can explain, he just feels how things should go.” 

 -Vincent Van Gough


I am trying branch weaving. This is the technique of tying warp threads across the 'Y' of the branch, and weaving in between. 


I find some madrone branches that have fallen over the winter, and tie two together to form a sort of triangular loop or circle.



Red warp looks good with the red madrone. It's a nice lap size, easy to work on, and portable.


My surface is not really flat, so I make lots of things stick out. A waterfall tumbles down!


I add the tree to the foreground....



And leaves, with an embroidery needle.


 This kind of weaving could be fun to do out on the woods! This one took only a couple of days. 


Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment