Saturday, May 2, 2015

Lets Co-create and Own Our Reality


"Act is the blossom of thought, and joy and suffering are its fruits."-James Allen 



Do we create our own reality? Well if I'm happy and successful, sure! Right?


 But seriously, sure. We have a choice in what we pay attention to, what thoughts we entertain, and what our attitude will be toward things that happen over which we seem to have little or no control. This is yoga.


But what about all those suffering people over there? Is that their karma to be in that mess? It is an important question. If it is their karma, I am off the hook, they were bad, they are being given a chance to learn a lesson. I'm not being judgmental, it is just none of my business, right?


I don't think so. I have come to realize that if some one is hurting and I know about it, it is MY karma too. Everything is connected. How to help is a little trickier. From out over here, I can see cycles and patterns that perpetuate their suffering, but what is much harder for me to see is MY cycles and patterns.


Every day is a joyous new adventure. I meditate on how I might fulfill my life's purpose, and also how I might be of greatest service to all life everywhere forever. Oftener than not I hear that the best thing I can do is clear my own energy field, that is, remove the proverbial log from my eye instead of trying to fuss over that little splinter in yours. 



So I just let myself feel that stuff, noticing that mirrors are everywhere I go, reflecting my own stuff back to me, both the kind I like and not. I own that I may create my own reality to some degree, but where I draw the line, is to not then assume that suffering people create their reality. 


Lets co-create and own our reality instead. My attitude is, if I know about problems in the world, those too are mine to help with. It's shared karma. 



No comments:

Post a Comment