Thursday, May 14, 2015

Muddling Backward Toward the One



"If the path before you is clear, you are probably on someone else's." -Joseph Campbell


Things get complicated. Problems arise. It gets crazy. You'll have to turn around if you don't want to end up where you're headed.


But even in the dark and swirling chaos, we always have a little thread to follow back to the light of simplicity and peace. Usually when I find my way toward the One, I am going backward.


All directions are on offer, forward into the fray, backward toward the Source, and all around every which way! Sometimes the way forward is backward.


With infinite choices of doors to open, paths to follow, how do we find which one leads to simple peace? First, still the waters of your feelings, so your thinking can be clear. 


How does your body feel? Do you need to get up and move around? Sit down and rest? Checklist...food? Water? Stretch? Posture? 


Emotions? An unpleasant emotion is a distress signal, so ask yourself, how can I change the way I think about this?


Do the one breath centering meditation. Breath can align and synchronize you with your whole being. It is much easier to go along being centered, than to try to steer a veering, spinning, lurching, vehicle of your moment. A powerhouse like you or me is a danger to others when it's amplifying negative energy.


As I continue to retrace my missteps backward, I get closer to the simple answers to the endlessly proliferating web of difficulties caused by going the wrong way.



"Love is the answer. Doesn't matter what the question is."-David Sunheart


No comments:

Post a Comment