Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Simple Hats


Makin hats.  Ish. Messy bun brimmed headbands. 

I find some happy merino sheep a bit south of here, living on green rolling hills in a small flock, and buy three bags full from the farmer, an old woman with a kind face. 
I wash up the fleeces, spin and dye them into pretty colored yarns. They are soft enough to touch my face. 

I knit with a peg knitting loom, a small double knit one with twentyfour grooved pegs. 



First I create headbands then I add a brim. 

I like some protection from the sun for my eyes and warmth around my ears, but not so much on top, so my design is perfect. Sometimes I also make a matching scrunchy for the messy bun.


Finally I add a flower with a couple of leaves. 







You can wear it under your hair like a headband, or on top like a hat.







No comments:

Post a Comment