Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Painting My Nails for Peace and Healing

 
(The Omniart Notebook:)
 
Putting in new floor tiles to replace the old carpet really rips up my nails, which are already congenitally thin. 

So I discover nail polish! The natural food store has a very mellow more or less nontoxic alternative nail polish so I give over my colorist instincts to a new canvas, and soon I have the whole rainbow at my uh, fingertips.
 

As always with a new medium, I plunge into the pool head first. I love playing with the shiny colors! I've appreciated that glossy new fancy car paint look as I wait at intersections. I drift into a reverie of color gazing into the fancy multilayer car paint. It's one of my favorite ways to imbibe color.   I feel like I'm in a magical jeweled realm of pure color. It is a moment of bliss to experience as you sit waiting  in traffic! But car paint is way too toxic to do art with. Now suddenly here are ten little color spots to play with! And, I love the chance to color new ones over again each day, little mini colorist sketches, dot diaries...
 
Soon I'm painting the finger and toe nails of my friends too. And my guy friend who has curly red locks looks pretty good with one big thumbnail done in metallic copper!

 
  I have never liked wearing rings, they get in the way. But nail art is fun temporary DIY jewelry! It sparkles and dances around with me all day as I work with my hands.
 
 
Nor have I ever liked nail polish before, because all the kinds I tried felt toxic to my body; but this particular one feels ok. My nails have been brittle and thin all my life. And for some reason I don't quite get yet, painting my nails has replaced my urge to bite and otherwise mess with my nails, which is cool. The polish provides added strength, and now my nails are growing longer with ease. I wonder how long?
 
"In a world where you can be anything- Be yourself."- bumper sticker

No comments:

Post a Comment