Thursday, December 23, 2021

Homeopathic Dye Experiment

Homeopathic Dye Experiment

I am playing with colors again. I take a pinch of dye and dissolve it in a quarter cup of water. I pour half in a tiny little jar in the crockpot with a bit of fleece. 

I’m working with merino staples and a few stunning  teeswater twelve inch long curly locks I just got. 

With half of my dye left, I stir water in the mixing pitcher back to the same quarter cup level. Half of this goes into the next little jar. The third jar gets half as much as the previous one, and so on, until jar number six, which is so diluted that the water barely shows any color at all!

The orange dye at full strength turns the fleece almost red, but is quite yellow at the end, at the last dilution.

Turquoise is lovely and deep at the first jar, but a pale minty green at the end of the line.

Pink just keeps getting paler…

“All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson



No comments:

Post a Comment