Sunday, August 22, 2021

The Värmwool Bag

The Värmwool Bag

(“Värmwool”: See previous post)

I love my tools. I love them almost as much as doing the art itself. I also love baskets, as anyone who has been to my studio will notice. Everything is in baskets. 

But I decide that I also need a strong and large bag to tote around with me for my current projects, and the tools I am using with them. 
A basket-like bag, perhaps one that can be semi rigid, like a basket, but also expand a bit as well to fit large or odd shapes.

I double knit the walls of my basket bag into rectangles, and join the sides. Too floppy. The värmwool is strong and thick, but not rigid. 



It gets an inner structure made of repurposed cardboard, and a salvaged rigid plastic bottom to protect it from puddles. 



I make the inner lining out of denim from cut up old jeans, and use the pockets for inner compartments for my smaller tools.

These are the tools and yarns I use to create the unit of art described in the previous post, Blooming Rainbow

The resulting bag is fabulous! It is strong enough and large enough to carry a sewing machine! I love how it came out.

No comments:

Post a Comment