Friday, August 19, 2016

The Virgo Job Days of August

Where I live we have global warming, but that just means in this cool climate, that our hottest month has a few really hot days. As we are about to go into the month of Virgo, the practical sign, we are in a hot spell now. I love it.
 
When the weather map turns deep red, it's cleaning time. Never mind spring cleaning, turn on that free solar powered super heat for Summer Cleaning! This is the time when I haul out all the dusty musty things, and wash them and put them in the glorious sunshine. Forget going on vacation, stay home and get to work!

In this wet climate of the Great Northwest, where mold and mildew are always a hazard, you can bring everything outside to dry out in August. This is the kind of place where, when the sun comes out for a few minutes some winter months, we all run outside and stand in it!
 

Heat waves are when we can play in the water. We can get all wet, and get things clean at the same time. (Sorry, drought constrained Californians who aren't allowed to water.) We can hose things off and leave them out to dry, and they actually do! So now it is time to clean out all of the dark corners, to seal up the now dried out wooden structures with linseed oil or paint, wash and hang up curtains and other large washable things. We can put wet pillows, rugs, even futons out and have them clean and dry soon, without resort to fire or electricity. It is amazing how much free heat is available and all the things we can use it for.
 

If we have a yard, a garden, (or container garden as I do) we can water ourselves too. I always love to play with the mist setting on my garden hose. I stand with the sun behind me and paint rainbows in the sky. My spray paint is water. I administer mist-ic initiations to my friends in this manner:)
 
I also keep a bathtub full of water and dip whenever I feel too hot. I feel so grateful to have pure clean abundant water here. It is truly a sacred treasure. I wonder when the humans will really understand how precious and valuable pure clean water is. 

 
“Nothing is more wonderful than the art of being free, but nothing is harder to learn how to use than freedom.”-Alexis de Tocqueville.       

No comments:

Post a Comment